activemq-users mailing list archives

From Eugene <>
Subject Re: JNDI and ActiveMQ
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2011 07:37:38 GMT
Hey Joe,

This sounds again weird to me, but probably it's because I never went into
the details of JNDI.
So if I specify a properties file like that:

java.naming.factory.initial =
java.naming.provider.url = tcp://localhost:61616
connectionFactoryNames = WeirdNameConnectionFactory
queue.MyQueue = TESTQUEUE

The "WeirdNameConnectionFactory" is going to be available and alive only
while the application that uses it is alive? Meaning that because ActiveMQ
does not provide a JNDI Server, there is physically no place where to store
this Connection Factory in a persistent manner?

Am I right?