activemq-users mailing list archives

From "hashutosh@apache.org" <hashut...@apache.org>
Subject Browsing messages published before subscribing to a topic.
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2011 22:00:10 GMT
I can become durable subscriber and I am guaranteed to be delivered all the
messages from that time on, even if I loose connection and reconnect.
Question however I have is it possible to get messages which were published
even before I subscribed to that topic.
Another way to state is:
1) At time T0, topic P1 is created.
2) At T1, message M1 is published on P1.
3) At T2, subscriber S1 subscribes to P1.
4) At T3, message M2 is published on P1.

In above scenario, it is guaranteed durable S1 will receive all the messages
from M2 onwards, even if it disconnects and reconnects. What I am interested
in is whether its possible for S1 to get M1. If yes, whats the api? Also,
what does JMS standard says for this usecase?

Thanks,
Ashutosh