activemq-users mailing list archives

From Peter Maas <pfmm...@gmail.com>
Subject flow control policy
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2011 09:58:04 GMT
Hi,

On one of our reasonably loaded systems we hit a limit:

>> Usage Manager Memory Limit (1048576) reached on queue://.... Producers will be throttled
to the rate at which messages are removed

We have looked at the documentation regarding flow control, and our initial reaction would
be to just switch it off and increase the systemUseage settings; we have plenty of headroom
on the hardware and are in control of all the producers ourselves. Would this be a sensible
thing to do or should we look at different solutions?

kind regards,

Peter