activemq-users mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ watchdog for a production environment
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2011 20:25:05 GMT
On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 12:31 PM, Bruce Snyder <> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 11:50 AM, Allen Reese <> wrote:
>> At Yahoo!, we use jsvc to run activemq:
>> This JIRA has the java patches required to use jsvc:
>> However there are no start/stop scripts.  Our environment is a little different
with respect to start/stop scripts, so the scripts we use are not usable by others.
> Thanks for the contribution, Allen!
> While preparing your patch to be committed to the trunk, I realized
> that commons-daemon-1.0.4.jar is not published to Maven Central. But
> commons-daemon-1.0.3.jar is published and your patch builds fine with
> this version. So I'm going to commit it using 1.0.3, is that OK with
> you?

Allen, a couple things I just noticed in examining the patch closer:

1) You did check the box to allow your patch to be included in ASF works
2) But there is a copyright notice in the Java source file

Per the ASF policies, a copyright in a project's NOTICE file is fine,
but we don't place copyrights in the source files. For more details,
please see the following, specifically 1.1 and 1.2:

Furthermore, item 2 on that same page shows the appropriate Apache
License blurb that should be included in source files.

It would be great if you could attach a new patch to the issue that:
a) removes the copyright from the Java source file, and, b) includes
the proper license header.

ActiveMQ in Action:

View raw message