activemq-users mailing list archives

From Oscar Pernas <os...@pernas.es>
Subject Failover, how does it work?
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2011 12:27:01 GMT
Hi all (again),

Im trying to understand well, how the failover transport works. I know that
if you have an active-pasive architecture and your active broker goes down,
all messages are send to the pasive broker. But, for example, if we have a
machine that have configured an active-pasive brokers configuration like
this:

failover://(tcp://localhost:61616,localhost2:61616)?randomize=false

If you remove the ethernet network cable, this machine couldnt connect to
any broker, but if I plug-in the cable again, to which broker the connection
will be stablished? if is developed like a pooling, could really happen that
this machine connect to the pasive broker instead to the first one?

If this could happen, what is the usual way to change this machine to the
active? Im using activemq-cpp.

regards

--
Óscar Pernas Plaza.