activemq-users mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ watchdog for a production environment
Date Sun, 06 Mar 2011 19:39:30 GMT
On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 6:42 AM, ronsho <> wrote:
> Hey,
> I'm going to run ActiveMQ in a production environment and am worried about a
> scenario where the ActiveMQ process goes down.
> Do you have any experience with this scenario? Is there a watchdog for
> ActiveMQ?

I have had very good success in using and recommending daemontools for
the production deployment of ActiveMQ and lots of other software:

Daemontools provides utilities for Unix style logging and process
supervision and it works very well.

There's some info about setting up Daemontools and ActiveMQ here:

ActiveMQ in Action:

View raw message