activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Nakarikanti, Nageswara" <NNakarika...@dwd.IN.gov>
Subject RE: How to disable consumption from one queue "temporarily" ?
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2011 16:12:10 GMT

I do not know this is the best / good one, But I got an Idea.

1. Create a new JMS Message by setting its JMS Type (abstract public void setJMSType(String
org) throws javax.jms.JMSException) like 'WAIT_FOR_SOME_TIME'.

2. In Your ProjectConstants program (if any, other wise a global constant) create a string
constant JMS_MSG_TYPE_WAIT = WAIT_FOR_SOME_TIME.

3. In onMessage

		public void onMessage(Message message) {

			try {
				if (ProjectConstants.JMS_MSG_TYPE_WAIT.equals(message.getJMSType())) {
					doWaitLogic();
				}
				else if (message instanceof TextMessage//or some other JMS Message Type) {
					doBusiness(message)
				}
			} catch (JMSException e) {
				logger.error("JMSException", e);