activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Nakarikanti, Nageswara" <NNakarika...@dwd.IN.gov>
Subject RE: Failover, how does it work?
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2011 19:29:59 GMT

No.

When Ever Slave kicks in...that becomes Master. The Old master becomes slave and will be waiting
to get the lock to become master whenever 'the current' master goes down.

Thank You,
Nag.

________________________________
From: Oscar Pernas [mailto:oscar@pernas.es]
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 8:23 AM
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Cc: Nakarikanti, Nageswara
Subject: Re: Failover, how does it work?

To send email or notification we are thinking in use a monitorization tool like nagios or
something more light...

About the manual restart, i think that you could take a look about linux-heartbeat v2, you
could configure services to monitorize and make petitions.

One more question, If we have a cluster, if the master goes down, all messages goes to the
slave, but, if we start the master again, all messages will send to the master again?