activemq-users mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <...@holsman.net>
Subject newbie question about Virtual Topics
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2011 08:27:50 GMT
Hi.
I'm trying to configure a ActiveMQ server to use Virtual Topics.

I've copied the broker configuration from https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/test/resources/org/apache/activemq/broker/virtual/global-virtual-topics.xml

and copied the Test code from the VirtualTopicPubSubTest test case in org.apache.activemq.broker.virtual.

but I can't seem to get the consumers to actually receive a message.

http://localhost:8161/admin/connections.jsp shows 6 active connections..
so I know the thing is connecting and the consumers are listening to 'Queue Consumer.A.VirtualTopic.TEST'
(I can also see 4 consumers on http://localhost:8161/admin/queues.jsp )

The producer has seemed to send the messages, as I see 10 messages enqueued into VirtualTopic.TEST

so I'm not sure what's going on.

There are some messages in some of the advisory topics.. but I'm unsure of how to see them.

Any pointers to what I'm doing wrong?

--
Ian Holsman
Ian@Holsman.net

If you can believe in your power to do great things, you will. -- Michael Berg