activemq-users mailing list archives

From Sylvain Vittecoq <sylvain.vitte...@byteactive.com>
Subject Re: How to disable consumption from one queue "temporarily" ?
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2011 19:39:26 GMT

Thank you for your suggestion Nageswara.

In fact I would like to not even receive this message in the onMessage
callback function... because if I the receiving thread executes the
doWaitLogic() you propose, then I can not receive any message from any
other queue associated with this MessageListener.

Basically I would like to know if there is a solution to this "Receiver
Flow Control" problem without using a pool of application threads.

Any other comment is more than welcome,

Thank you,
Sylvain

On 3/31/2011 18:12, Nakarikanti, Nageswara wrote:
> I do not know this is the best / good one, But I got an Idea.
>
> 1. Create a new JMS Message by setting its JMS Type (abstract public void setJMSType(String
org) throws javax.jms.JMSException) like 'WAIT_FOR_SOME_TIME'.

> 2. In Your ProjectConstants program (if any, other wise a global constant) create a string
constant JMS_MSG_TYPE_WAIT = WAIT_FOR_SOME_TIME.

> 3. In onMessage
>
> 		public void onMessage(Message message) {
>
> 			try {
> 				if (ProjectConstants.JMS_MSG_TYPE_WAIT.equals(message.getJMSType())) {
> 					doWaitLogic();
> 				}
> 				else if (message instanceof TextMessage//or some other JMS Message Type) {
> 					doBusiness(message)
> 				}
> 			} catch (JMSException e) {
> 				logger.error("JMSException", e);
> 			}
>
> 		}
>
> Thank You,
> Nag.

point) and all our messages are non-persistent messages.
> I believe this is the only deviance from the default configuration.
>
> My question is the following :
> Each process may consume messages from different queues.
> What is the "best" way for such consumer to indicate that it does not want to receive
any new message from a specific queue ?

--
Sylvain Vittecoq
Cell : +46 (0) 7 67 77 76 10