activemq-users mailing list archives

From "martin@attivio.com" <mar...@attivio.com>
Subject memory all used by large consumer transaction
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2011 21:13:27 GMT
Hello,

I have an application with a limited memory size.  I run with persistence
on.  There are times when a long running consumer transaction will cause all
memory to be consumed in the broker.  This eventually leads to Producer
blockage (or error -- I've sometimes configured it that way).  Since the
producer blocks the consumer transaction can never complete because it does
not get all the messages it needs.

I am using ActiveMQ 5.3.2 with the default PersistenceAdapter:
AMQPersistenceAdapter.  Is there anyway I can change this behavior without
having to increase the memory available to the broker?  Ideally the state of
the ongoing transaction would spill to storage when memory is exhausted,
allowing the transaction to continue.

The JDBCPersistenceAdapter is not performant enough to suite my needs.  Are
there other persistence adapters that would help?

Thanks,
Martin