activemq-users mailing list archives

From anderkh <ken.ander...@sungard.com>
Subject Valid messages with active consumers blocked behind unconsumable message in 5.4
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2011 19:12:36 GMT
We're running 5.3.1 in production, and 5.4.1 in test.  We're seeing different
behaviors related to properties and selectors in queues between the 2
versions.

In 5.3.1, if we have a message in a queue that does not have an active
consumer because of it's properties and the selectors of current consumers,
messages behind it that DO have valid consumers (properties match the
selector) are received by those consumers.

In 5.4.1, if the message at the head is not consumable by an active
consumer, all messages behind it are blocked.

Is this a new setting I can't find?  I've been looking through the change
logs and cannot find anything even remotely related, except for supporting
REST and selectors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ken