activemq-users mailing list archives

From GTsafas <>
Subject ActiveMQ Timeouts
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2011 16:43:03 GMT

I currently have an ActiveMQ broker that we use with both Perl (Stomp) and
C++ (Openwire). I am trying to find a solution for timeouts. Here is what I
have tried.

Perl - Stomp consumers receive heartbeat messages from a seperate producer.
These heartbeat messages are consumed and thrown out. While this have proved
effective I feel like there is a better way to handle this.

C++ - Currently I am working to find a solution for this. I had thought
adding "keepAlive=true&wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0" would do it. But
the other day I got a error due to the channel being inactive for too long.

I am replicating what I did in Perl but this is not a proper fix. How do you
all handle this? I am sure it is a common issue.