activemq-users mailing list archives

From Nishi <nishi.k...@csr.com>
Subject ActiveMQ Performance very slow
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2011 09:00:22 GMT
Hi,

I'm facing issue with ActiveMQ 5.1.0 performance. I have a Topic (non
durable, non persistence) with 3 async listeners. Each listener has a
threadpool attached to it, so that messages can be processed by multiple
threads. Listener receives message in onMessage and delgate it to a thread.

My observation is, on load of over 400 TPS ActiveMq is not able to push
messages fast enough to listener. Because of this backlog of messages are
created at broker.

I'm using useAsynSend, AUTO_ACK, optimized ack, default prefetch. In order
to rule out that this behaviour is not because of slow consumers, i have
commented out all code inside onMessage() method of all three listener. Agin
on load of 400 TPS activemq was not able to dispatch messges at fast pase to
listener.

Any pointer to the solution will be of great help.

Thanks,
Nishi