activemq-users mailing list archives

From jessezbj <jesse...@hotmail.com>
Subject In a network of brokers, Are the broker names required to be different?
Date Sun, 06 Mar 2011 17:58:57 GMT
In the newest version 5.4.2

I tested with two brokers with the same names but different ports on one
machine.

It seems work.

Are the broker names required to be different?

what about other settings?

I am wondering if I can use only one configuration file for all brokers
(assuming I am using multi-cast and auto-discovery) ?

ActiveMQ in Action says unique broker names are for handling  the situation
that "it's highly possible (and quite
probable) that two or more ActiveMQ instances will connect to one another
and begin consuming one another's messages."

But I  don't quite understand the problem under this situation.

Could anyone here give a detailed explanation?