Hi , I use activeMQ 5.4.2 I am trying to implement a simple web demo to show log message from different programs using ajax into a web page. To do that, I use the basic broker, (tcp://localhost:61616). The producer is a simple program with log4j configured to log on a jms appender, using topic (topic name is logTopic). If I run the example consumer with the command "ant consumer -Dtopic=true -Dsubject=logTopic", I am able to get the log on the consumer side. so now, the next step for me is to have the consumer into a WebApp which can "provide" the messages to the client into a webpage using ajax. So I looked at the ajax page : http://activemq.apache.org/ajax.html and configure my web.xml as it is explain. The broker was not found, but I solved it by using context-param in my web.xml my web.xml looks like that : Archetype Created Web Application contextConfigLocation WEB-INF/spring.xml net.me.context.MyAppContextLoaderListener org.apache.activemq.brokerURL tcp://localhost:61616 The URL of the Message Broker to connect to org.apache.activemq.embeddedBroker false Whether we should include an embedded broker or not AjaxServlet org.apache.activemq.web.AjaxServlet AjaxServlet /amq/* The web page code is very simple, as the market portfolio example that comes with activeMQ distrib :

Test !

but, it does not work. I traced request, there are send from the web page, but nothing is updated,... looking at log file I can see the following error java.lang.IllegalStateException: !(Jetty || Servlet 3.0 || ContinuationFilter) org.eclipse.jetty.continuation.ContinuationSupport.getContinuation(ContinuationSupport.java:145) org.apache.activemq.web.MessageListenerServlet.doMessages(MessageListenerServlet.java:301) org.apache.activemq.web.MessageListenerServlet.doGet(MessageListenerServlet.java:247) org.apache.activemq.web.AjaxServlet.doGet(AjaxServlet.java:47) javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617) javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717) I searched for a long time without find any solution to solve this problem. So do you know how to configure Tomcat to make this sample works ? Feel free to ask for more detail if needed. Regards, Pat -- View this message in context: http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/Ajax-and-Tomcat-6-based-on-web-demo-with-a-non-embedded-broker-tp3297683p3297683.html Sent from the ActiveMQ - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.