activemq-users mailing list archives

From Anirudha Khanna <aniru...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Question about Subscription Recovery
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2011 22:50:40 GMT

All our consumers are currently durable consumers, so that ensures that the consumers don't
miss any messages after they have subscribed to a destination. But in our use case the consumers
need to be able to receive messages that were published before the consumer subscribed to
a particular destination. We tried using the Subscription Recovery Mechanism for this, but
realized this is not ideal, since we need to support a recovery period for atleast 2 days
worth of messages.

Anirudha

On 2/23/11 3:31 AM, "Gary Tully" <gary.tully@gmail.com> wrote:

durable topic subscriptions?

Or use virtual destinations such that topic subscribers each get a queue.

On 23 February 2011 01:37, Anirudha Khanna <anirudha@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are evaluating ActiveMQ as a solution for our messaging broker. One of the requirements
is to be able to replay messages received on a destination for the past three days. Using
the Subscription Recovery Mechanism with retroactive consumers isn't the best solution since
the messages are apparently stored in memory. I am curious what is the solution other users
have implemented, if at all, to solve the replay problem.

--
http://blog.garytully.com
http://fusesource.com