activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Frank Lawlor" <flaw...@netspend.com>
Subject AMQ 5.4.0 Memory Leak
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 19:27:43 GMT
Over a period of weeks we are seeing a gradual reduction in the JVM Heap
available.

When I do a bstat I get numbers like:

 TotalEnqueueCount = 5,070,691

 TotalDequeueCount = 5,068,600

 TotalMessageCount = 74

Supposedly I should get TotalEnqueueCount = TotalDequeueCount +
TotalMessageCount

but clearly there are over 2,000 missing messages!

Rebooting does not clear up the problem.

This is a production environment.

How do I find and clear out these "missing" messages?

Any suggestions on how to determine the cause?

n  Frank

Confidentiality Notice! This electronic transmission and any attached documents or other writings
are confidential and are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) identified above. This
message may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure under applicable law. If the receiver of this information is not the intended recipient,
or the employee, or agent responsible for delivering the information to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any use, reading, dissemination, distribution, copying or storage
of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error,
please notify the sender by return email and delete the electronic transmission, including
all attachments from your system.