activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Guaranteed message persistence in ActiveMQ?
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2011 11:36:05 GMT
Guaranteed reliability is the default behavior (part of the jms
contract). A send transaction will allow you to batch messages, taking
the fsync hit at the end of the transaction rather than on each send.

On 22 February 2011 22:33, Paul Pearcy <paul.pearcy@wallst.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>  What is the correct/best way to achieve crash proof durability of messages with ActiveMQ?
I'd like to ensure that my persistent messages have been fsynced to disk and I know that in
the case of a broker power failure, the message will be there when the server comes back up.
Do I need to use transactions to guarantee this or do I get this with the normal persistence
option?

--
http://blog.garytully.com
http://fusesource.com