activemq-users mailing list archives

From Joe Smith <>
Subject Re: Connection Re-balance Question
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2011 22:22:04 GMT

From: Joe Smith <>
Sent: Fri, February 25, 2011 5:14:51 PM
Subject: Connection Re-balance Question

I'm using the 5.4.x transport's updateClusterClients="true"
rebalanceClusterClients="true"  options.

It works fine as a broker is added to the cluster - the existing connections are

When a broker that's already in the cluster when down, the connections failed
over successfully to the other broker (clients are using failover://).  However,

when I bring up the failed broker, the connections on the other broker are not

My questions are:

1. Does connection re-balancing work in this scenario - where a known broker in
the cluster comes back on line after a crash?

2. What criteria need to be met before re-balance would occur other than when a
NEW (vs. existing) broker is added to the cluster?  E.g. we have only 24 client
connections, is that too low?

We tried both 5.4.1 and 5.4.2. Linux. JVM is 1.6.

Thanks for the help.