activemq-users mailing list archives

From Paul Pearcy <paul.pea...@wallst.com>
Subject Guaranteed message persistence in ActiveMQ?
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2011 22:33:04 GMT
Hello,
  What is the correct/best way to achieve crash proof durability of messages with ActiveMQ?
I'd like to ensure that my persistent messages have been fsynced to disk and I know that in
the case of a broker power failure, the message will be there when the server comes back up.
Do I need to use transactions to guarantee this or do I get this with the normal persistence
option?

Guaranteed reliability is much more important than speed for my use case.

Thanks!
Paul