activemq-users mailing list archives

From Lionel Cons <lionel.c...@cern.ch>
Subject Can we have some kind of semi-persistence?
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2011 07:43:09 GMT
As far as I understand, we currently have two opposite behaviours.

With persistence, received messages are safely stored on disk,
yielding to low receive rates. When the broker restarts (either after
a crash or a voluntary restart), these messages are still available.

Without persistence, received messages are only stored in memory,
yielding to high receive rates. However, these messages are lost after
a restart, even a voluntary one.

Is there a way to tell ActiveMQ to store the non-persistent messages
to disk (and keep them upon restart) when it has time to do so?

Ideally, it would be nice to have a per destination policy that would
swap to disk non-persistent messages that have not been consumed for
some (configurable) time. It would have two benefits: freeing memory
and allowing to preserve these messages after a broker restart.

Cheers,

Lionel Cons