activemq-users mailing list archives

From Grqhf <seeker_of_po...@msn.com>
Subject Multiple subscriptions to different Topics freezes application
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2011 16:22:54 GMT

Hello everyone,

I have an application which tries to subscribes to a lot of different
topics.

The server side publishes a lot of messages through these topics and as soon
as the application starts subscribing, it receives so many messages that the
application cannot even reach the end of the subscription function.

It seems that the OnMessage Listener is flooded so much (the listener is the
class which is trying to subscribe itself ot all the topics).

So basically is there a way to stop the reception of messages until I have
subscribed to all of the topics? Or am I missing something there?

The thread trying to subsscribe to all of the topics never get the processor
again.
(If the server is down, the subscription is fine since it does not receive
anything so it does not lose the processing power..)

Thank you in advance.

Paul.