activemq-users mailing list archives

From iridesp <informatica.cr...@gmail.com>
Subject Clustering scenario: server url configuration
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2011 13:07:28 GMT

Hi All,
I have two instances of JBOSS with ActiveMQ in a clustering scenario.

I would like to have a HA service,
so if a JBOSS node crashes for any reason,
there is the other one that can consume messages.

I've deployed my activemq-ra-5.4.1.rar folder in any JBOSS node
with the same activemq-jms-ds.xml and broker-config.xml config files.

Every jboss node share a kahaDB directory.

I've set into activemq-ra-5.4.1.rar/META-INF/ra.xml file the URL to the
ActiveMQ server
with the failover string

failover:(tcp://<ip_jboss1>:61616,tcp://<ip_jboss2>:61616)

I've deployed the message-consumer in the farm directory
and every message-producer uses the same failover string specifed in the
ra.xml file.

Everything works fine, messages are consumed in load balancing by the two
node,
and if a node crashes, messages are consumed by node remained.

Now in my situation, if I want to add another JBOSS node,
I need to reconfigure the URL to the ActiveMQ server for every node
in order to add the new ip address to the failover string.

I can't add any node without reconfigure the existing ones and this can be a
problem.
any suggestions ?

Thanks
Mattia