activemq-users mailing list archives

From ChicagoBob123 <>
Subject Windows C++ Hang on connection.Start creating a producer
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 15:42:28 GMT

We are testing our C++ Windows application. We pointed to an IP Address where
there was no ActiveMQ server running. Bleow is the code snipet. The
brokerURI  is failover:(tcp://
we also tried tcp://
createConnection always comes back with no issues. When we execute start the
application hangs. Never comes back. Is there a setting to kill start if it
doesnt find a server/connection?

          auto_ptr<ConnectionFactory> connectionFactory(
          ConnectionFactory::createCMSConnectionFactory( brokerURI ) );

          // Create a Connection
            connection =
            connection = connectionFactory->createConnection();