activemq-users mailing list archives

From ActiveMQ2011User <nils.thi...@unister.de>
Subject Failover doesn't work with two or more brokers
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2011 12:21:01 GMT

Hallo,

we have the following scenario:
 * two broker that uses the same MySQL database, the configuration files are
the same
 * a client that sends messages to one the active broker with the failover
protocol

We now use the following failover procotol uri for the sender:

failover://(tcp://localhost:8009,tcp://localhost:8010)

We start the first broker and it acquires the lock of the database. The
second broker is also started and waits for the lock. Now we send messages.
We shut down the first broker. The second broker gets the lock and sending
still done. If we restart the first broker and shut downs the second broker,
no reconnection takes place.

For the MySQL tables we use the InnoDB table type. Also we noticed in the
log messages that the list of available brokers to the client becomes
shorter (so finally only the second broker is in the list).