activemq-users mailing list archives

From Martin Nicolay <m.nico...@osm-gmbh.de>
Subject How to get a file-descriptor for single-thread async?
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2011 10:10:17 GMT
Hi.

I want to use activemq-cpp-library asynchronously in a single-threaded
application.

http://activemq.apache.org/openwire-cpp-client.html says:
	The socket to the ActiveMQ broker is to be exposed to the
	application by the transport layer, and data received on it is to
	be passed opaquely to the core library by the application. This
	allows for asynchronous messaging with a single-threaded program -
	a hard requirement for some developers.

I have googled and grep-ed but found nothing about getting this socket.
http://activemq.apache.org/cms/cms-api-overview.html shows polling with
receiveNoWait() but polling is no option for me.  This socket must be
registered at the existing eventhandler.

TIA, Martin Nicolay

No MS-Word attachments (http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html)

OSM GmbH                               Mail    m.nicolay@osm-gmbh.de
- Softwareentwicklung -                Telefon +49-201/8955-5
Ruhrallee 191                          Fax     +49-201/8955-400
D-45136 Essen                          Web     http://www.osm-gmbh.de

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Essen, HRB 11281
Geschäftsführer: Johannes Kuhn, Christian Damsky, Axel Roland