activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Zhou, Yan" <yz...@medplus.com>
Subject queue ordering with rolled back messages
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 14:42:37 GMT
Hi there,

We are integrating Spring using Active MQ 5.x, with all default setting
in jms configuration. The configuration is non-persistent, ack mode is
"transacted". We have observed some behavior with multiple rollback
message in the queue.

It seems that they are retried in sequential rather than in parallel. In
other words, after the 1st message exhaust all retry, the 2nd message
start re-processing. I would expect to see both messages being retried
in parallel.

By default, I think there are multiple consumers, so that is not the
cause.

Is this because of the nature of FIFO, or is this the nature of rollback
messages?  I thought multiple consumers should be able to process rolled
back messages simultaneously?

Thanks,
Yan

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this electronic transmission is confidential
and may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you
are not an intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use
of the information contained in this transmission is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
have received this transmission in error, please notify us by telephone (513) 229-5500 or
by email (postmaster@MedPlus.com). After replying, please erase it from your computer system.