activemq-users mailing list archives

From Reynald Borer <reynald.bo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 5.4.1 Older Messages Blocking Delivery
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 20:41:41 GMT
Hi,

You can increase the maxPageSize parameter on a per destination policy. By default it is defined
to 200, which means that (as far as I understand) the broker will keep information on 200
messages per destination, the other messages being paged to disk. Of course it will increase
memory usage, and there are probably going to be other side effects I am not aware of. Check
out http://activemq.apache.org/per-destination-policies.html for more information.

As a good advice, I would consider in your case if using a specific destination for each message
selector might not be a better idea. Combined with a well formed set of Camel rules, you'll
have to modify nothing in your producer code, only the consumers will have to be adapted to
use the correct destinations.

Regards,
Reynald