activemq-users mailing list archives

From Alex Dean <a...@crackpot.org>
Subject Re: ajax handling fast messages
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 21:01:05 GMT
Dejan : Saw your commits in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-3094.  When I publish
many messages quickly (either via Ruby/stomp or via ajax), I still do not receive all messages
in an ajax client.  I have been trying to get a Java test case created which reproduces the
problem.  I suspect it's an issue with continuations, since all the Java tests I write (which
are all currently passing) are running synchronously.  Still not able to reproduce the issue
in a single junit test.

org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpClient offers some nice methods for dealing with async i/o, which
would be useful here.  But i had trouble getting session/cookie management using that class.
 As you pointed out a while ago, org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient has automatic session
handling, but I'm not finding the same features for handling async requests, which it seems
like we need to reproduce the current problem.

I'm trying to write a test where
 - Thread 1 starts a subscription & polls for messages
 - Thread 2 publishes a lot of messages while thread 1's poll is active

I think we'll see that not all messages sent by thread 2 are received in thread 1.

alex