activemq-users mailing list archives

From Anirudha Khanna <aniru...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject asyncSend for producers in persistent mode
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 19:51:14 GMT
Hi,

When sending messages using persistent mode and useAsyncSend=true, I noticed that the producer
throughput is roughly 10x more as compared to when useAsyncSend=false. What I am trying to
understand is whether it is safe to use this option if we want to guarantee that all the messages
that a producer sends will be received by the broker. (using TCP as transport) Are there any
caveats to using this option? Will the broker be able to notify the client say if it was unable
to persist the message(s) to the message store?

Thanks,
Anirudha