activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ for Android
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2011 13:10:17 GMT
you should be able to extract the simple stomp java api from the
activemq source: see usage example here:
http://activemq.apache.org/stomp.html#Stomp-JavaAPI

but the connection oriented nature of jms/stomp and the disconnected
nature of mobile may not be a good match. You may want to consider
using the rest API: http://activemq.apache.org/rest.html - in this way
the broker/server will maintain any required jms state.

That said, a small footprint openwire client that uses failover over
tcp should be workable, the main problem is that activemq-core
contains lots of broker side implementation and is very heavy weight
as a result. To reduce it to the bare minimum will take a bit of work.