activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Martin C." <mart...@gmx.at>
Subject Possible Bug: "Deleting inactive destination" with pending messages?
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2011 07:42:06 GMT
Hi,

I am currently experimenting with removal of inactive destinations and I
think I found an issue, but I want to confirm if this can be reproduced by
anybody else before filing a bug in the issue tracker:

I have

 <policyEntry queue=">" producerFlowControl="false"
gcInactiveDestinations="true" inactiveTimoutBeforeGC="10000">

which is rather short inactivity timeout, but just for testing.

If I use the web-interface to send a message to a queue foo.bar, it will not
be removed (as expected). If I purge the queue and immediately re-submit
another message, I often see the queue as being disposed as inactive while
still holding this new message. It doesn't work every time, but reliably
often. It seems, it is prevented, if I browse the queue, so in my scenarios
it only happens if I do not browse the queue after sending the second
message.

It also seems that it works more reliably (in the sense of the
bug occurring) if I wait about 5 seconds before sending the second message
after the purge.

Can anybody confirm this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,