activemq-users mailing list archives

From Alex Dean <a...@crackpot.org>
Subject Re: ajax handling fast messages
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 23:29:43 GMT

On Jan 11, 2011, at 8:14 AM, Jeff Rose wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 4:57 PM, Alex Dean <alex@crackpot.org> wrote:
>

>> On Jan 10, 2011, at 5:02 AM, Jeff Rose wrote:
>>

> The last issue I do see is that fairly often the consumer stops listening to
> the topic even though the ajax poll requests are still coming.  I can see in
> jconsole that the consumer count on my topic drops to zero, even though at
> the same time I'm watching empty ajax responses coming back periodically.

Hm.  I've never seen that happen.

Can you enable debug logging for activemq-web?  I've been adding
  log4j.logger.org.apache.activemq.web=DEBUG
to config/log4j.properties.

When a new ajax client connects, you should see a line like:
  DEBUG | creating new AjaxWebClient in p8v92prp07trmhghrpltw0rh-1294788329515

If you close the browser window and wait a minute, you should then see something like:
  DEBUG | Cleaning up expired web clients.
  DEBUG | AjaxWebClient p8v92prp07trmhghrpltw0rh-1294788329515 last accessed 95 seconds ago.
  DEBUG | Removing expired AjaxWebClient p8v92prp07trmhghrpltw0rh-1294788329515

If you see a message like that 'Removing expired AjaxWebClient' while your browser is still
actively polling, that's wrong.  Not sure what else might cause the consumer count to drop
back to 0.

alex