activemq-users mailing list archives

From Alex Dean <a...@crackpot.org>
Subject Re: Porblem extracting XML data in Firefox with ActiveMQ Ajax client
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2011 16:00:30 GMT

On Jan 17, 2011, at 9:28 AM, Alex Dean wrote:

> 2. In your callback function, I believe message.nodeValue will be available in either
browser, and will be a string containing the message sent by the server.

I looked at this a little more, and nodeValue can have different contents depending on the
JS type of your 'message' parameter.  In my case, my callback function is receiving text nodes
(which are JSON), so nodeValue is exactly what I want.  If you are getting XML from the server,
it's possible that message.nodeValue may be null.

http://reference.sitepoint.com/javascript/Node/nodeValue

I suggest inspecting all the properties of your 'message' parameter in your callback function.
 That should help you identify a reliable way to extract the contents from it in any browser.

alex