activemq-users mailing list archives

From Joe Niski <joe.ni...@NWEA.org>
Subject AMQ 5.4.2 schema validation and Spring PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2011 20:53:12 GMT
i'm working on upgrading from AMQ 5.3.0 to 5.4.2. i'd like to keep schema validation enabled,
so i'm carefully re-ordering the elements in activemq.xml.

Our configuration uses PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer to insert values into activemq.xml. One
of our configured values is of XSD typ "boolean":

        <managementContext>
            <managementContext createConnector="${enableJmx}" connectorPort="${jmxConnectorPort}"/>
        </managementContext>

 i'm seeing this error in the console when i run "activemq/bin/activemq-admin start":

ERROR: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute start task. Reason: org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionStoreException:
Line 128 in XML document from class path resource [activemq.xml] is invalid; nested exception
is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-datatype-valid.1.2.1: '${enableJmx}' is not a valid
value for 'boolean'.

Other replacement tokens that precede this in the file don't produce errors, but they're for
string or numeric values, not booleans.

Is there any way around this *without* disabling schema validation? i really need to be able
to configure this value outside the xml, and it worked fine in 5.3.0.

thanks in advance,
Joe

--

Joe Niski