activemq-users mailing list archives

From Don Santillan <donzym...@gmail.com>
Subject Too many open files
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2011 14:01:14 GMT
Hello,

I have an embedded activemq in my webapp and it is deployed in a jetty
server. I believe that our server OS's file descriptor limit has enough
value.

After a few days, the application crashed with the following error:

2011-01-05 00:34:40.000:WARN::EXCEPTION
java.io.IOException: Too many open files
	at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.accept0(Native Method)
        at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.accept(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:145)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.nio.SelectChannelConnector$1.acceptChannel(SelectChannelConnector.java:74)

	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectorManager$SelectSet.doSelect(SelectorManager.java:650)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectorManager.doSelect(SelectorManager.java:195)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.nio.SelectChannelConnector.accept(SelectChannelConnector.java:134)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractConnector$Acceptor.run(AbstractConnector.java:850)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:436)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:6

Is there a possibility that I have configured my activemq or persistence
wrongly which caused this? Here's my activemq.xml:
    xmlns:amq="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
  http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core
http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core/activemq-core.xsd">

    <broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
        brokerName="devbroker" persistent="true"
        destroyApplicationContextOnStop="true"
        dataDirectory="/tmp/dev">

        <transportConnectors>
            <transportConnector name="openwire"
                uri="vm://devBroker" />
        </transportConnectors>

        <plugins>
            <statisticsBrokerPlugin />
        </plugins>

    </broker>

</beans>

I googled this and saw some posts telling this maybe caused by an
improper setting on memory limit. I also saw some threads that says use
kaha db for better persistence. How am I able to address both of this?
Can I configure both using the activemq.xml alone? What are the
appropriate values for an application that processes large amount of
messages.

Can anyone point me to a good activemq.xml configuration that is good
for production environment?

Thanks!
-don