activemq-users mailing list archives

From habumaster <phil.din...@ericsson.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ "message" defined?? from the docs/web links
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2011 22:34:41 GMT

Alex Dean-2 wrote:

> On Jan 27, 2011, at 10:25 AM, habumaster wrote:
>

> That sounds like a bug.  Can you reproduce it reliably?  What does the
> original message look like, how do you send it to the broker
> (stomp,ajax,other?), and what does the browser see when the messages are
> received?
>
> alex

We found the problem. We have embedded HTML in the XML that is returned to
parse.

using a ruby script with Stomp to insert the message

Good:
data = "Element.insert(\"chat_message_list_71\", { bottom: \"Dave\"})"

Bad:
data = "Element.insert(\"chat_message_list_71\", { bottom:
\"<li>Dave<\li>\"})"

Note the <li><\li>

I figured it out :)

data = "<![CDATA[Element.insert(\"chat_message_list_70\", { bottom:

Good ole CDATA.........

<![CDATA[ "your escaped content"]]>

Phil