activemq-users mailing list archives

From CurtisRopp <cr...@teamropp.com>
Subject ActiveMQ 5.1.0 queue SawTooth pattern
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2011 19:13:07 GMT

I am run ActiveMQ 5.1.0 moving roughly 120 messages per second into one queue
and then filtering and copying to 4 unique queues using camel where similar
consumers are consuming those messages.

Over a period of time the memory trend starts to grow and we have learned
that around a certain point we need to go in and restart amq (maybe a
different conversation) when we do this restart and about 30% of the time
one of the unique queues will go into a sawtooth pattern where messages
don't get delivered until the peak we have seen this between 20k and 240k at
the top and then they get consumed.

Have others ran into this issue, is it a known defect that I can't find, or
the bigger question does anyone know how to fix?

Thanks,

Curtis