activemq-users mailing list archives

From rliguori <robert2...@hotmail.com>
Subject Control topics (e.g., topictest.control)
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2011 21:26:21 GMT

Consider the following files in the ActiveMQ examples subfolder:

-- apache-activemq-5.4.2\example\src\TopicPublisher.java
-- apache-activemq-5.4.2\example\src\TopicListener.java

There are two topics in the pub/sub example program:
-- topic = session.createTopic("topictest.messages");
-- control = session.createTopic("topictest.control");

I recently went to a AMQ-related training class that had a similar
example... they too used a "topic.control" destination, but advised against
using it in the real world.

Could someone please tell me the rationale of including the
"topictest.control" topic in the example program and more importantly why
it's not needed in the real world?

Thanks!