activemq-users mailing list archives

From stratio <stra...@hotmail.it>
Subject Porblem extracting XML data in Firefox with ActiveMQ Ajax client
Date Sun, 16 Jan 2011 14:22:19 GMT

Hello, i'm using an activeMQ Ajax client to consume messages (XML data)
published on a topic.
I manage to get the messages however i have some trouble to get them as XML
using Firefox.

This is the code I'm using to process the received messages :

var myHandler =
	{
  		rcvMessage: function(message)
  		{

     		        var browserName=navigator.appName;

     		        if (browserName=="Microsoft Internet Explorer") {

     			       document.getElementById('cord').innerHTML = "" + message.xml;
     		        }

 			else {
     			       document.getElementById('cord').innerHTML = "" +
message.textContent;
     		        }
     	        }
	};

myHandler.rcvMessage is the function called everytime there's a new message
on the topic.

I make a distinction between Internet explorer and firefox cause the object
message is different under the two browsers.

In Internet Explorer i manage to get the XML data by getting the xml
attribute, however in Firefox there's no xml attribute for the object
message and i can only get the data as a string without the XML markers.

Is there a way to obtain the data as XML from the object message even in
Firefox?

Thanks in advance for the help, bye.