activemq-users mailing list archives

From myprasanna <myprasa...@gmail.com>
Subject a top website with millions of page views migrating from morbidq restq to activemq
Date Sat, 15 Jan 2011 23:27:14 GMT

hey guys,

we are migrating from:

www.morbidq.com/trac/wiki/RestQ

to activemq. we would like to keep the interfacing intact, and want to know
where to extend activemq so that we can maintain all the application logic
at a web-server. for those unfamiliar with restq, it allows you to receive
web-callbacks for 5 simple events: connect, disconnect, subscribe,
unsubscribe, send_message; and the web-server can determine if any of these
have to be allowed or not.

what we want to do now is to extend activemq so that we continue to receive
these callbacks. if we can write the extensions in ruby, that's most
preferred, but java is OK, if it's going to be a simple set of calls. any
high level guidance as to how to achieve this is highly appreciated. it
seems like i have to extend a bunch of classes if i'm not wrong?

cheers,
-prasanna