activemq-users mailing list archives

From dryland <>
Subject How to limit the connection of the clients
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2011 03:14:24 GMT

Hi,I got a problem when i use activemq5.3.2 on windows 2003-32 bit , the
local server port is 61616:
the max jvm size for activemq was set to 1500MB ,50 clients connect to the
broker sent 150000 messages per 5 minute(200MB total size),but some of the
clients never stopping create new connection ,when the total number of
connection reach 7000, the outofmemory error occured,because the broker
cannot create native thread for more connection

To solve this problem, I wrote a plugin extend BrokerFilter,limit the total
number of connections for every client IP,rewrote the addConnection
function, when i found the Client IP reach the limit of max connection num,
I throw a exception to stop adding the connection,but when i use CPORT to
check how much client connected to the 61616 port ,i found that the number
of connections to 61616 still kept rising ,and the memory use fo the
java.exe kept rising, it seems like that when i throw a exception ,the
broker did not release the resource which the connection used

Did anybody have the same problem? or Any idea to help me to limit the
connection of every client IP?
Thank you very much !!!