activemq-users mailing list archives

From Miguel <>
Subject Re: broker config if destination may be down
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 18:20:59 GMT

Well, I found the solution for my use case:
1) server A starts up without any bridge connector configured.
2) In a thread, a bridge connector is configured for server B, which is not
started yet. The url is "failover:(tcp://x.x.x.x:yyyyy)". The thread will
block until server B is reachable.
3) Messages for the not-yet-started connector are queued
4) Server B is started
5) After some time, the retrying thread connects to server B and delivers
all the queued messages

So, at least for this use case, it's working OK.