activemq-users mailing list archives

From KevinC_UNR <amq_l...@nein-seele.net>
Subject Bug with DiscardingDLQBrokerPlugin reportInterval Not Used
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2011 22:20:29 GMT

I'm new to using ActiveMQ and the community so I'm not entirely sure about
how to go about submitting bug reports or patches...

I have a project where I'm trying to use a BrokerService with the
DiscardingDLQBrokerPlugin in code, and I don't want/need the log messages
created for the number of discarded messages.

Eg:

broker_serv = new BrokerService();
plugins[] = new BrokerPlugin[1];
ddlq_plugin = new DiscardingDLQBrokerPlugin();
ddlq_plugin.setDropAll(true);
ddlq_plugin.setReportInterval(0);
plugins[0] = ddlq_plugin;

broker_serv.setPlugins(plugins);
broker_serv.start();

Yet, in the DiscardingDLQBrokerPlugin the installPlugin() method doesn't
pass its reportInterval to the DiscardingDLQBroker it creates. So the
DiscardingDLQBroker uses its default reportingInterval of 1000, and no
matter what I do with ddlq_plugin.setReportInterval(x) the reporting
interval is always 1000.

This should be a simple fix by adding:

cb.setReportInterval(getReportInterval());

Somewhere between lines 56-61 in:
/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/plugin/DiscardingDLQBroker.java

Related:

Thanks,
Kevin C.