activemq-users mailing list archives

From joe_fernandez <joe.fernan...@ttmsolutions.com>
Subject Re: KahaDB Sync Writes
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2011 03:12:26 GMT

If I am not mistaken, by default, the AMQ Message Store and KahaDB issue
asynchronous and synchronous writes to disk, respectively.  If you
reconfigure KahaDB to issue asynchronous writes, you’ll find that its
throughput numbers are closer to that of AMQ Message Store’s.  However, keep
in mind that asynchronous writes are less reliable than synchronous writes.

See 'enableJournalDiskSyncs' in http://activemq.apache.org/kahadb.html

Also refer to the following in activemq-throughput.xml

 <!--
     Use KahaDB for persistence
     Tune it a bit so we minimize IO operations
     For more information, see:
     http://activemq.apache.org/kahadb.html
 -->
  <persistenceAdapter>
     <kahaDB directory="${activemq.base}/data/kahadb"
enableJournalDiskSyncs="false"
          indexWriteBatchSize="10000" indexCacheSize="1000"/>
   </persistenceAdapter>

Joe
http://www.ttmsolutions.com/