activemq-users mailing list archives

From Reynald Borer <reynald.bo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ broker threads
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 18:06:17 GMT
Hi Petrucci,

Thread management can be altered through your broker configuration so it's hard to answer
your questions. You should check http://fusesource.com/wiki/display/ProdInfo/Understanding+the+Threads+Allocated+in+ActiveMQ
first, it explain quite well how threads are managed.

Extra configuration parameters that can change the number of threads are:
- the connector you use: with tcp you have one thread per connection, but if you switch to
nio then it is no more the case
- if you start your broker with "-Dorg.apache.activemq.UseDedicatedTaskRunner=false"then you
do not have one dispatch thread per queue anymore but a pool of threads instead (see http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-configure-10s-of-1000s-of-queues-in-a-single-broker-.html).

Hope my answer help addressing your concern.

Regards,
Reynald

On Friday, January 14, 2011 at 13:23 , Petrucci Andreas wrote:

> hi there, i want to ask how are the threads managed inside the broker as far as producers
is concerned. is it a thread per producer? per connection? what if we have a client that has
multuple threads of the same producer (same producer id) ?