activemq-users mailing list archives

From Petrucci Andreas <petrucci_2...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Distributed ActiveMQ Brokers
Date Mon, 27 Dec 2010 16:02:17 GMT

yes but  what i cannot understand is how their FIFO property is preserved in queues. I mean
a queue is distributed in two or more brokers of the network. How is it possible for a queue
say TEST.FOO queue to preserve its FIFO property when its messages are distributed at two
or more brokers???

> Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 16:50:42 +0100
> Subject: Re: Distributed ActiveMQ Brokers
> From: dejan@nighttale.net
> To: users@activemq.apache.org
>
> Sure they can. Messages stays on the broker where they are produced
> until consumer arrives, when they are delivered to it.
>
> Cheers
> --
> Dejan Bosanac
> -----------------
> FuseSource - The experts in open source integration and messaging.
> Email: dejanb@fusesource.com
> Web: http://fusesource.com
> Twitter:  http://twitter.com/dejanb
> Blog - http://www.nighttale.net
>

> On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 3:53 PM, Petrucci Andreas
> <petrucci_2005@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > thanks for the reply, i'm aware of the network-of-brokers solution but i doubt if
2 distinct producers can produce messages for the SAME queue at 2 different brokers of the
network. Yes, in my setup i really need multiple brokers but i think that what i ask for (i
think that  it) cannot be provided by a network of brokers .

> >> To: petrucci_2005@hotmail.com; users@activemq.apache.org
> >> From: dirk.froehner@email.de
> >> Subject: Re: Distributed ActiveMQ Brokers
> >> Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 15:31:03 +0100
> >>
> >> Afternoon,
> >>
> >> As far as I understand your use case, you can set up a so called network of
brokers to achieve this.
> >> A NWOB is a collection of brokers that know about each other. Destinations are
distributed on the participating nodes as far as they're involved. Clients can connect to
any of the nodes to produce messages. The same applies for consumption, since messages are
forwarded to one of the nodes that has a subscriber for a particular destination.

> >> But: You wrote about multiple brokers within one network. You should double
check if you really need multiple brokers, since the main reason for a NWOB would be to scale
horizontally (for queues) or to distribute destinations over multiple networks. Unless you
really have significant traffic, one node can handle quite a lot of queue messages (several
k/s, depending on infrastructure and persistence).

> >> Hope that helps.
> >>

> >> Dirk Fröhner
> >> Sent from one of my smartphones

brokers such that we will have multiple brokers in our network that can serve clients that
are producing (just producing) messages for one ( just one) queue. As far as i can see , there
is no way to achieve that. Am I right? Any ideas? :)