activemq-users mailing list archives

From Alex Dean <a...@crackpot.org>
Subject Re: ajax handling fast messages
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 14:46:03 GMT
On Dec 15, 2010, at 3:02 AM, Dejan Bosanac wrote:

> Hi Jeff, Alex,
>
> having some kind of test that reproduces the issue would be great.
> It'd be good to add something to the tests Alex already contributed
>
> https://fisheye6.atlassian.com/browse/activemq/trunk/activemq-web-demo/src/main/webapp/test/amq_test.html?r=HEAD

These tests will be junit, since they're testing MessageListenerServlet.  The trouble I've
had in the past, and continue to have, is that I haven't been able to get the session cookie
returned during my tests.

Here's a test I've worked on : http://pastie.org/1177995
Here's the output : http://pastie.org/1178030

This code shows 2 separate ways I've tried accessing the response headers.
1. Implementing ContentExchange.onResponseHeader.  My callback is never called, though my
other onRequestComplete and onResponseComplete callbacks are.
2. Trying to use ContentExchange.getResponseFields().  The returned object is null.

I watched port 8080 in wireshark while my test was running, and I did see that the 'Set-Cookie'
header was returned by the server.
http://skitch.com/alexdean/d2g2b/capturing-from-lo0-wireshark

I am able to send a POST to the servlet, and I do receive a response, but without the cookie
I can't associate my later requests with the subscriptions I've created in the initial POST.

If anyone can see what I'm doing wrong, I'd really appreciate some tips or even a nudge in
the right direction.  If I could get this working, I could write a test pretty easily to reproduce
the issue we're currently seeing, and then verify the issue has been fixed.  I could also
write tests for the previous patches I've submitted  for MessageListenerServlet.

thanks,
alex