activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Dirk Fröhner" <dirk.froeh...@email.de>
Subject Re: Distributed ActiveMQ Brokers
Date Mon, 27 Dec 2010 14:31:03 GMT
Afternoon,

As far as I understand your use case, you can set up a so called network of brokers to achieve
this.
A NWOB is a collection of brokers that know about each other. Destinations are distributed
on the participating nodes as far as they're involved. Clients can connect to any of the nodes
to produce messages. The same applies for consumption, since messages are forwarded to one
of the nodes that has a subscriber for a particular destination.

But: You wrote about multiple brokers within one network. You should double check if you really
need multiple brokers, since the main reason for a NWOB would be to scale horizontally (for
queues) or to distribute destinations over multiple networks. Unless you really have significant
traffic, one node can handle quite a lot of queue messages (several k/s, depending on infrastructure
and persistence).

Hope that helps.

Dirk Fröhner
Sent from one of my smartphones

----- Reply message -----
From: "Petrucci Andreas" <petrucci_2005@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, Dec 27, 2010 12:50
Subject: Distributed ActiveMQ Brokers
To: <users@activemq.apache.org>

Hello there, all i want ot ask is there there is a specific setup of activemq brokers such
that we will have multiple brokers in our network that can serve clients that are producing
(just producing) messages for one ( just one) queue. As far as i can see , there is no way
to achieve that. Am I right? Any ideas? :)

thnks in advance,
Petrucci